Pages

Raw Blueberry Pie


Raw desserts are amazing!  I've mostly been making chocolate treats but I thought it was time to do some exploring.   My favorite fruit is the blueberry and if I am not enjoying blueberries by the handful, I'd like to savor them in pie.

I didn't make this blueberry pie in the "traditional" pie tin.  I made it in a square pan; to be honest, when I was putting this recipe together, I wasn't sure how it would taste.  When my family and I had a square for dessert my husband said, " this tastes just like blueberry pie".

So there you have it, the reason this pie isn't round!


Ingredients for crust:

1 cup organic cashews
1/4 cup organic unsweetened shredded coconut 
4 organic dates, pitted
1/4 t sea salt 

Place all ingredients into a food processor and blend until a crumbly dough forms.

Method:

Evenly distribute mixture into your pan and gently press down.  Set aside and prepare the filling.

Filling ingredients:

1 cup organic blueberries, fresh or frozen
4 organic dates, pitted

Place ingredients into your food processor and blend thoroughly.  The blueberry mixtute will be thick.

Method:

You will need a spatula to remove the pie filling.  Spread the blueberry filling evenly over bottom crust.  Set aside to make the crumble top.

Ingredients for crumble:

1/2 cup organic cashews
2 T organic unsweetened shredded coconut 
2 T organic raw agave nectar 

Place all ingredients into your food processor and blend until a soft crumble forms.

Method:

Using your fingers evenly distribute the crumble over the pie filling.

Refrigerate for 1 hour before enjoying!





No comments:

Post a Comment

copyright © 2014. all rights reserved. designed by kristadelisle.com

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com