Pages

Ginger Elixir


Earlier this week, I took a day off of work and went to a raw vegan cafe with my wife and daughter. My daughter bought what she thought was the cafe's signature gingerale, but instead it was a ginger elixir. This drink was so strong that as soon as it touched her tongue she offered the rest of it to me. Now if you've never tried one of these, you are about to experience an incredibly intense spice blast followed by a rush of euphoria. For me, this euphoric feeling soon traveled throughout my body and settled down in my toes. So, I was super motivated to try to create a ginger elixir recipe of my own. After a couple of tries I came up with this version, which I believe matches the intensity. 

Ginger Elixir

4" of organic ginger root
1 small organic lemon
1 cup filtered water
1 pinch of Himalayan Pink Salt

In a Vitamix or high speed mixer, juice the lemon through a strainer so as to keep the seeds out. Grate the ginger root. For a tamer version try 2" of ginger root. Add water and salt. Mix from low speed to high, spending 20-30 seconds on high. 

Prepare for the blast!

A few ounces of this elixir can be added to hot water for an amazing tea.

Stay tuned, I am working on a turmeric elixir recipe too.

This post was written by guest blogger Jeff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

copyright © 2014. all rights reserved. designed by kristadelisle.com

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com