Pages

Hemp Milk

I am truly amazed that I can make seed and nut milks at home.  To me, it's a great joy to be able to walk past the display of vegan milks at the market knowing this is one more food item I can make for myself.

This recipe for hemp milk is even easier than making almond milk because you don't have to soak the seeds over night.

With the arrival of autumn, I have begun to make a couple of batches of milk a week.  My husband uses almond milk for smoothies every morning and I need milk for the soups that I make at least 2 times a week.

Hemp milk is full of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, 10 essential amino acids, calcium, potassium, magnesium, iron, zinc, and the list goes on and on!



Ingredients:

1/2 cup organic hemp seeds (I used the brand One DeGree)
2 cups filtered water
2 T organic agave nectar 
1/2 t organic pure vanilla extract 

Method:

Blend all ingredients together in a high powered blender.  I used a Vitamix; starting on level one, I gradually went to level 10, then to high for 15 seconds.

I filtered my milk through a nut bag, you don't have to do this, but I didn't want any bits of hemp left in my milk.

Store in a glass container with a secure lid in your refrigerator.


No comments:

Post a Comment

copyright © 2014. all rights reserved. designed by kristadelisle.com

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com