Pages

Vegan Baked Ranch Chickpeas

Crunchy, flavorful, nutritious, and simple.  What else would you ask for or want from a snack?

 When I first made baked chickpeas, I was floored. How could this small round mushy chickpea transform into a crunchy eat-the-whole-bowl snack?

 First of all, I have to admit I had only ever eaten hummus up to that point.  Also, to be honest I am not even sure I knew hummus was made from chickpeas.  Those were the BV (before vegan) days, when I walked around with no clue what was in my food or were my food came from.

Becoming a vegan years ago has changed all of that I am happy to say.  I now know what is in my food and what shouldn't be.

Enjoy!


Ingredients:

1 15 ounce bag of organic chickpeas 
2 tablespoons of organic extra virgin olive oil
1 1/2 tablespoons organic garlic powder
1 1/2 tablespoons organic onion powder
1 1/2 tablespoons organic dried parsley 
1 1/2 tablespoons organic dried dill
1 tablespoon chive salt 

Method:

Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees

Line a baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper, set aside.

In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together and spread out evenly onto the lined baking sheet.

Bake for 45 minutes.  Stir the chickpeas around every 15 minutes, be careful that the chickpeas do not burn.

Store in a covered container.


No comments:

Post a Comment

copyright © 2014. all rights reserved. designed by kristadelisle.com

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com