Pages

Vegan Almond-Pulp Chocolate Cookies


This is the first time I have made anything with almond pulp, so this cookie recipe was really a true experiment for me.  I have just recently started making my own almond milk and have been discarding the almond pulp, and have truly been feeling quite guilty for doing that.

So, this morning when I made almond milk, I put aside the pulp with the willingness and excitement to develop a cookie recipe.  I wanted to use the least amount of ingredients as possible to create a cookie that is both moist and has a nice, delicate, chocolate flavor.  I believe I have done that with these little gems.

These cookies bake for a short time, 7-9 minutes, so keep a close watch on them.  Over-baking will produce a crunchy cookie instead of a moist one.  But, maybe you prefer that; if you do, I would bake for 10-12 minutes.


Ingredients:

1 cup organic almond pulp
1 cup organic quick oats
1/4 cup organic maple syrup
1/4 cup organic raw cacao
2 tablespoons organic tahini
1 teaspoon organic pumpkin spice
1/2 teaspoon organic pure chocolate extract
1/4 teaspoon vanilla salt
1/4 cup organic almonds, finely crushed

Method:

Line 2 cookie sheets with unbleached parchment paper, set aside.

In a large bowl, add all ingredients except the crushed almonds.  Mix thoroughly until a soft mixture forms.  Form cookies into balls and lay onto the lined cookie sheet.  Using the palm of your hand, gently press down on each cookie.




Bake 7-9 minutes.  Remove the warm cookies, place on a plate and sprinkle with crushed almonds.

Store in a tightly covered container.


No comments:

Post a Comment

copyright © 2014. all rights reserved. designed by kristadelisle.com

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com