Pages

Stuffed Tomatoes with Vegan Chicken Salad


I am crossing my fingers that this summer I will be able to make these delicious stuffed tomatoes with my own-grown, red beauties.  I started my plants from seed this year instead of buying starter plants.  I know I will regret this; I do not have the best of luck growing tomato plants from seed.  When I shop at my Whole Foods Market, organic veggie starter plants greet me at the entrance.  I stop and glance at the plants, but I restrain myself from purchasing any.  I hope I hold out!

Either way, with tomatoes that were purchased, or grown in your garden, this is a perfect warm weather meal.



Ingredients:

Organic Tomatoes
Vegan Chicken Salad
Ranch Dressing
Organic Lettuce



Method for preparing Ranch dressing:

1 cup non-dairy mayonnaise
2 T organic dried parsley
2 T organic dried dill
2 T organic onion powder
2 T organic garlic powder
1 t organic lemon juice
Salt and pepper, to taste

In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients thoroughly.  Store unused dressing in a sealed container for 2 weeks.

Method for preparing Vegan Chicken Salad:

Using Beyond Meat Chicken Strips, chop strips into bite size pieces.  Depending on how many tomatoes you are making, I would use 2-3 cups.  Place cubed chicken into a medium sized bowl, add 1/2 cup non-dairy mayonnaise, organic relish, salt and pepper to taste.  Mix thoroughly.

On each plate make a bed of lettuce, set aside.

Method for preparing tomato's:

Wash and dry tomatoes; using a serrated knife, cut around the tops of the tomato's just deep enough to remove the very top.  Scoop out any seeds.  Using the serrated knife, make 4 slits down the tomatoes; you just want to open up the tomatoes so you can stuff them with the chicken salad.





Spoon 2 tablespoons of the chicken salad into the tomato, and top with the ranch dressing.



No comments:

Post a Comment

copyright © 2014. all rights reserved. designed by kristadelisle.com

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com