Pages

Vegan Oatmeal Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies


My sister gave me a bag of Enjoy Life dark chocolate morsels recently.  I believe this is a new item for the company.  I do use their chocolate chunk and mini-chips all the time in my cookies.  I try to stay away from soy, and this is a soy-free chocolate product!  So this is a great option for me, as other vegan chocolate chips have soy as an ingredient.  These dark chocolate morsels are also Non-GMO, which is another plus for me.

For the oatmeal, I use One Degree quick oats.  This is a company that is certified organic, non-GMO, and Veganic.  If you have never heard of or used their products you must!  Each product has a QR code that you scan with your smart phone and it allows you to meet the farmer who grew that product.  Veganic products are grown without chemicals or animal fertilizer.  I wish all vegan foods weere grown veganically!  Visit their website at OneDegreeOrganics.com



Ingredients:

2/3 cups organic hemp oil
1/2 cup organic pure cane sugar
1/2 cup organic brown sugar
1 teaspoon organic pure chocolate extract
1/2 cup organic almond milk
1 1/2 cups organic whole wheat pastry flour
1 teaspoon organic baking soda
1/2 teaspoon non-GMO, no aluminum baking powder
1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
2 cups organic oatmeal
1 1/2 cups dark chocolate morsels

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees

Line 2 baking sheets with non-bleached parchment paper

In a large bowl, stir together the oil, sugars, chocolate vanilla, and the almond milk.  Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin spice, and salt.  Mix thoroughly.  Stir in the oats and dark chocolate morsels.

Drop a tablespoon-sized portion of dough on a parchment-lined cookie sheet.  Bake for 12-15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

copyright © 2014. all rights reserved. designed by kristadelisle.com

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com