Pages

Vintage Nut Chopper - New Uses for Vintage Kitchen Gadgets


A few years ago when I was at a flea market, I spotted a nut chopper that I remember my mom having when I was a child.  My mom would mostly use it when she made holiday cookies.  She would place walnuts in a shallow bowl and chop away with this tool.  I purchased this only because it reminded me of my mom and when I was young.  The plan was just to display it on my kitchen island with some other vintage kitchen items.  Gradually, I began to use the tool to chop my nuts instead of my electric chopper.  For such a small, simply-designed item it works wonderfully. It is very comfortable in my hand as I chop my nuts.

One day, I was making guacamole and I had to chop up the avocado in the bowl.  I started to reach for a fork when I glanced at my kitchen island and saw the hand chopper.  "Why not give this a try?", I thought.  I am so happy that I did; it works perfectly for mashing up avocados.  I think I will try using it the next time I make banana bread!


No comments:

Post a Comment

copyright © 2014. all rights reserved. designed by kristadelisle.com

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com