Pages

Vegan Chickpea Spread

My husband and I are going bird-watching tomorrow. This is a new hobby for us.  We recently watched a documentary called Birders.  It takes place in New York, and it is about a very loyal group of people who bird-watch in Central Park.  What a treasure Central Park is; my family and I have had the pleasure of visiting it a couple of times.  A true haven in the middle of controlled chaos.

When my husband and I go hiking, we do enjoy looking at birds, but this time we will be purposely hiking to look at birds.  We have our binoculars and our North American bird book ready to go. 

Since tomorrow will be a warm spring day, we will also be enjoying a picnic after our bird-watching. I have decided to make my chickpea spread to go on my homemade bagels.  Chickpeas are delicious so many ways! You can fry, bake, and purée them.  This spread is also good in stuffed tomatoes or in a salad.  

Ingredients:

1 can organic chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1/4 cup non-dairy mayonnaise 
1 tablespoon mustard
1/3 cup organic celery, chopped
1 tablespoon organic onion, diced 
1/2 t organic garlic powder
Salt
Pepper

In your food processor, add all the ingredients and pulse 5-6 times, or to a consistency you prefer.  The spread should not be totally smooth, you want small bits of chickpea, celery, and onions.


No comments:

Post a Comment

copyright © 2014. all rights reserved. designed by kristadelisle.com

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com