Pages

Scrumptious Vegan Cranberry Orange Pecan Muffins


This morning I woke up to rain, sleet, and wind.  Looks like I won't be leaving the house today, oh well, looks like a relaxing day at home.

Since it's a crummy weather day, I guess that means a baking frenzy will happen. I surveyed my kitchen for any cookies that we may still have from the holidays.  A couple oatmeal cookies, and cinnamon swirl cookies.  Really? That's it, after all the baking I've been doing?  

Ok then, what do I bake? I wanted to bake something other than cookies.  I am cookied out.  Muffins came to mind, haven't made those in awhile.  Also, I'll get to finish up my extra cranberries that I still had from Thanksliving, BONUS! It took me awhile to find organic cranberries, so I really didn't want to waste them. So, today I made Cranberry Orange Pecan Muffins, (which are super easy) along with bagels, and chicken soup with dumplings for lunch.  Hmmm, now what do I make for dinner?

Ingredients:

1 cup organic whole wheat pastry flour
1 cup organic all-purpose flour
1/4 cup organic pure cane sugar 
1 T non-gmo baking powder
1 T organic roasted flax seeds
1 cup organic almond milk
1/4 cup organic coconut oil, melted
4 T organic orange juice
2 cups organic cranberries
1/4 cup organic pecans, coarsley chopped

Method:

Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.

Lightly butter one over-sized muffin tin, set-aside.

In a large bowl, mix together both flours, sugar, baking powder, and flax seeds.  Mix in the almond milk, coconut oil, orange juice, cranberries, and pecans.

Fill each muffin well half way with batter.  Bake for 20-25 minutes.




No comments:

Post a Comment

copyright © 2014. all rights reserved. designed by kristadelisle.com

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com