Pages

Vegan Fried Bologna Sandwich


First: a big thank you to Tofurky who make a vegan bologna, because without them I would not be able to enjoy a childhood favorite. I am not sure if this is a popular sandwich with most people. I personally do not know anyone else who used to (or still) eats fried bologna.

My mom would use a cast-iron skillet to work her magic. She would turn butter, onions, bologna, and bread into a delicious sandwich.

I now make this for my family, on occasion. It's an unique twist on the traditional bologna sandwich.  Try it, you'll like it!

Ingredients:

1 pack of Torfuky bologna
1 T non-dairy butter
1 small organic onion, sliced

In a skillet over medium heat, melt the butter, place the sliced onions in the skillet, layer the slices of bologna on top of the onions. Let cook for 5 minutes, then stir the onions and bologna around the skillet to make sure everything is evenly cooked. The onions and bologna should all be lightly browned.

If your weather is nice, make sandwiches and go on a picnic!

1 comment:

  1. I used to love friend bologna sandwiches and googled to see if I could indeed fry my vegan bologna. I'm glad that I found your site and will try it in my cast iron skillet. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

copyright © 2014. all rights reserved. designed by kristadelisle.com

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com