Pages

Vegan Pistachio Butter

Pistachio butter?  Really? Wow!  Never heard of such a thing!  My husband and I like pistachios so why not give it a try!

To be honest I was a bit skeptical going into it, but I knew my husband would eat it even if I didn't like it.  He's not as picky as I am.  

When I finished making the pistachio butter, I had my husband taste it first.  He said it needed more salt, but it was very good.  I added more salt, and as I was scooping the butter out of the food processor, I had a taste for myself.  Wow, I was pleasantly surprised!  The taste isn't far off from regular peanut butter.  I was a little concerned about the cinnamon in the recipe.  I wasn't sure how cinnamon would taste with pistachios.  Surprisingly, they are a match made in butter heaven. 

I have to share this with my family and friends at my winter solstice gathering.  I am thinking this butter would be scrumptious on graham crackers.

Ingredients:

2 cups organic pistachios, roasted 
1 T Bee Free Honee
1 T organic extra virgin olive oil (opitional)
1 t organic cinnamon 
1/2 t sea salt (adjust to your taste)

Method:

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.

Line a small baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper.

Remove shells from pistachios, place on baking sheet and roast for 10 minutes.

Let pistachios cool completely before putting into your food processor.  Process until pistachios become a butter.   If the mixture becomes hard to mix, add oil.  This will help the blade work through the pistachio butter.  Add Honee, cinnamon, and salt.  Pulse until well combined.

Store in a glass container that has a secure lid.



No comments:

Post a Comment

copyright © 2014. all rights reserved. designed by kristadelisle.com

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com