Pages

Extra Virgin Olive Oil infused with Chives and Chili Flakes

  My chive plants are still going strong, so instead of making chive salt with them as I usually do, I shook it up this morning and made infused oil.  Also, my kitchen smelled amazing while the oil and herbs were doing their magic on my stove.

This was my first time infusing oil, but it definitely won't be my last.  Infusing oils is a great way to use your herbs that you have growing in the garden before winter takes them.

I mixed fresh chives with dried chili flakes.  You can also infuse oils with nuts and seeds.

With the holidays approaching, I think gifting infused oils would be lovely!

Ingredients:

1 cup organic extra virgin olive oil
2 T organic fresh chives
2 T organic dried chili flakes

Method:

Wash and dry chives, snip them into small pieces.  



In a small pot, over a low flame, add oil, chives, and chili flakes. Boil for 5 minutes, remove from flame and let cool.

Strain oil through a sieve and pour oil into a glass container that has a secure lid.  Keep oil in the refrigerator when not using.  Let oil sit at room temperature for 15 minutes before using.


No comments:

Post a Comment

copyright © 2014. all rights reserved. designed by kristadelisle.com

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com