Pages

Vegan Spelt Pizza


My family and I rarely go out for pizza, and when we do it's always from Whole Foods.  There are not many vegan pizza restaurants around where we live.  We love pizza, and we enjoy having it every week.  I usually make my pizza dough from white flour, but since I recently discovered spelt flour, I decided to test the waters with a spelt pizza last night for dinner.  My husband and I enjoyed it, my daughter would still rather have the white flour pizza dough.  The spelt crust was able to carry the load of peppers, olives, and beef crumbles. Try this pizza recipe for yourself and let me know what you think.



Ingredients:

2 cups organic spelt flour
1 cup warm water
2 1/4 teaspoons yeast
1 tablespoon organic garlic powder
1 tablespoon organic onion powder
1 teaspoon chive salt
1 cup organic tomato sauce
2 cups non-dairy cheese
1 cup Beyond Meat beef crumbles (optional)
1/2 cup organic peppers (optional)
1/4 olives (optional)

Place yeast and warm water in the bowl of your stand mixer; let yeast mixture sit for 5 minutes.  Add flour, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt.  Mix for 5 minutes, cover bowl with a clean towel and let rise for 1 hour.

Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.

If using a pizza stone, dust the stone with organic yellow corn meal; if using a pizza pan, lightly grease with olive oil.

Roll out the pizza dough and place on the stone or in a pan.  Spread tomato sauce evenly over the dough, add cheese and toppings.

Bake for 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

copyright © 2014. all rights reserved. designed by kristadelisle.com

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com