Pages

Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Walnut Muffins


Oh my gosh!  Is it fall yet?!  I am so over this hot humid weather.  Sweaters, I want my sweaters and gorgeous yellow, orange, and red leaves bursting from the trees.

My hope is that baking with pumpkin will move summer along faster so fall can enter and I can bust out my sweaters!

Ingredients:

Yields 6 muffins

1 cup organic pumpkin purée 
1/2 cup organic pure cane sugar
3/4 cup organic unbleached all-purpose flour
1 t organic pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup organic raw cacao powder
2 t non-gmo, aluminum free baking powder
1/2 t baking soda 
1/2 t sea salt 
1/2 cup organic vegan semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup organic walnuts

Method:

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.

Line muffin tin with unbleached cupcake liners, set-aside.

In a large bowl combine pumpkin purée, extract and sugar.  Mix in flour, cacao, baking powder, baking soda, salt, chocolate chips, and walnuts.

Fill each muffin liner to the top.  Bake 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick when inserted in the middle of each muffin comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment

copyright © 2014. all rights reserved. designed by kristadelisle.com

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com