Pages

Healthy Vegan No-Bake Peanut Butter & Chocolate Oatmeal Bars



When possible, to conserve energy I hang my laundry outside.  Our homeowner's association frowns on this action, but it's truly impossible to see into our backyard.  We have a fence and an extensive amount of trees.  So when it's nice, I bring out my drying rack and take pleasure in knowing I am saving energy, money, and the environment.

So when I can make a yummy dessert and can avoid using my oven in the hot weather, saving energy and money.  Sign me up!

Ingredients:

1 cup organic peanut butter
1/2 cup BeeFree honey
1/2 cup organic coconut oil, melted
2 1/2 cups organic quick oat meal
3 T organic walnuts, chopped
1 1/2 cups 85% organic chocolate chips

Method:

Line an 8x8" squared baking dish with unbleached parchment paper; set aside.

Place peanut butter, BeeFree honey, and coconut oil in a small pot over a medium flame.  Stir frequently until completely melted; remove from heat.

In a large bowl, mix together the oats, walnuts, and chocolate chips.  Add peanut butter mixture and thoroughly combine.

Pour mixture into prepared pan.  Refrigerate for 4 hours.  Store in refrigerator in a tightly sealed container.

No comments:

Post a Comment

copyright © 2014. all rights reserved. designed by kristadelisle.com

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com