Pages

Lavender Salt

My lavender garden has exploded this year!  I have lavender in the front of my home, on the side, and in my backyard.  All three places are doing tremendously well.  My lavender normally grows well but this spring and summer has been my most abundant year yet.

My oldest lavender plants are15 years old and they are my pride and joy in my front garden.  All of my other lavender plants on my property came from these mature purple gems.  I have either transplanted young lavender plants when they have magically appeared, or I leave the young new plants to grow wherever they have reseeded on their own.


So far this year I have had enough lavender to make lavender massage oil, lavender water, sachets and still had plenty more to fill plenty of vases to brighten the inside of my home.  Today, I made lavender salt for my sister.

Ingredients:

3/4 cup coarse sea salt
2 T dried lavender flowers

Method:

Place 1/2 cup of salt and lavender flowers in a food processor.  Pulse 10-25 times, or until the lavender is well incorporated into the salt.

Pour lavender salt into a medium sized bowl, stir in the remaining 1/4 cup salt.  

Store salt in a glass container that had a secure top.

Use the lavender salt on veggies, or use to enhance the flavor of chocolate, when making cookies or homemade candy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

copyright © 2014. all rights reserved. designed by kristadelisle.com

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com