Pages

Raw Basil Garlic Ketchup

Replacing my usual ketchup with a raw version was a move I was hesitant to make.  I love ketchup, it's my condiment of choice.  Now, I am not saying I won't slip back into buying my usual organic Trader Joes ketchup.  But when I have the time and I have the ingredients, I will definitely make my own raw ketchup.

There are numerous benefits for making your own ketchup.  

1.  No added sugar 

2.  You can control the sodium

3.  Create custom flavors

4.  Use all those gorgeous organic tomatoes growing in your garden!

With vegan grilling season upon us, blend up a batch, pour into a pretty bottle and proudly place on your table! 

Ingredients:

7 organic tomatoes, quartered 
10 organic raw sun dried tomatoes 
4 organic garlic cloves
1/2 cup organic basil
1/4 cup raw coconut vinegar
1 t sea salt

Method:

Place all ingredients in your Vitamix or a high speed blender.  Start low and continue to high.  Blend until all ingredients are thoroughly blended.  Do not over-blend; you want the ketchup to be thick.

Store in a glass bottle in the refrigerator. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

copyright © 2014. all rights reserved. designed by kristadelisle.com

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com