Pages

Vegan Ranch Guacamole

When I saw this recipe in the magazine Naturally, I thought it was the typical guac recipe.  Upon reading through the ingredients I saw peas, and thought that was a little odd.  How would peas taste in guac? Intrigued, I gave it a try.

My family eats guacamole at least 2-3 times a week.  I knew serving this new recipe with homemade burritos would be risky.

Firstly, by adding the peas it greatly stretches the only avocado in the recipe, which is nice, and the jalapeño, onions, garlic, and cilantro only enhance the flavor of the peas.

I didn't tell my family that I tried a new recipe.  Upon eating the first bite of the guacamole though my daughter did recognize a difference.  Everyone enjoyed the shake up though, and Ranch Guacamole will be made many more times!

Ingredients:

1 cup organic peas, frozen or fresh
1 organic avocado 
2 T organic lemon juice
1 medium organic tomato, diced
1/2 organic medium onion, finely diced
1 organic jalapeño, seeded and minced
1 t organic minced garlic 
3 T organic chopped cilantro 
1/2 t sea salt 
1/4 t pepper

Method:

In a processor, blend peas until smooth.

In a medium sized bowl, mash avocado. Add lemon juice, tomato, onion, jalapeño, garlic, cilantro, salt, and pepper.  Add peas and mix well.



No comments:

Post a Comment

copyright © 2014. all rights reserved. designed by kristadelisle.com

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com