Pages

Vegan Braised Cauliflower and Squash with Shell Pasta

My sister gave me more squash from her garden and I also had a head of cauliflower that has been sitting in my refrigerator for longer than I'd like to admit, so I combined the two to make a hearty dinner.  You can use any pasta you like for this recipe.  You could also add more vegetables, like peas and carrots.

Ingredients:

2 cups cubed organic squash 
1 organic cauliflower, cut into small pieces
5 cups organic low sodium vegetable broth 
1 box organic pasta shells 
2 organic garlic cloves, minced
1 T organic dried oregano 
1 T organic dried parsley 

Method:
In a large stock pot, add squash, cauliflower, and stock.  Let simmer over medium heat until squash and cauliflower become tender.  Add pasta, garlic, and seasonings.  Continue to simmer until pasta is done cooking.  You can add more stock if needed, the pasta will soak up most of the broth while it cooks.  Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with chive salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

copyright © 2014. all rights reserved. designed by kristadelisle.com

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com