Pages

Vegan Nacho Doritos

When I was younger my friends and I would have sleepovers almost every Friday.  The menu included pizza, onion dip, and Doritos. During these sleepovers I would consume large quantities of Doritos. Looking back now I cringe at the thought of eating the traditional Dorito now in my older years. This is because now I am vegan, I eat organic, non-gmo foods with no artificial anything,  I do not eat food that's tested on animals, and lastly I boycott MANY brands that are fighting the gmo labeling initiatives that are currently going on in Oregon and Colorado.

These "Doritos" are crunchy and full of flavor.  You may be wondering, but do they taste exactly like the real thing?  Well no, no they don't and that's because I can't duplicate the flavor of artificial ingredients.  

Trust me you'll love these!  Oh, and I had some last night with vegan organic non-gmo onion dip. AWESOME!

Recipe originally from forkandbeans.com

Ingredients:

6 organic tortilla shells
1 T organic extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup organic nutritional yeast
2 t organic paprika 
1 t organic chili powder 
1 t organic onion powder 
1 t sea salt

Method:

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.

Line 2 large baking sheets with unbleached parchment paper, set aside.

Place the seasonings in a food processor and blend to create a fine powder.

Stack 3 tortilla shells on top of each other and cut into pie shaped slices.  Repeat with remaining 3 shells.

Place into a large bowl and mix in oil.  Make sure each piece gets coated with oil on both sides.  Sprinkle in seasoning and gently mix with a spoon, making sure each side of each chip is covered with seasoning.

Bake 12-15 minutes, or until the edges are lightly browned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

copyright © 2014. all rights reserved. designed by kristadelisle.com

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com