Pages

Not A Sponge Review

First of all, let's not get confusing here, the "Not A Sponge" (stylized as not.a.sponge*) is basically a sponge. It is made from the konjac plant. I'm not going to go into extreme detail about the benefits of konjac and yada yada, because basically, this thing is cool.

The Not A Sponge ships from Singapore which might be a problem for some people, but it arrived very quickly and cost next to nothing!

(Note: there seem to be many konjac sponges on the market which means there are probably ones that ship from the US, but I ordered from Not A Sponge because their website is pretty. Go look at it and tell me I'm wrong: http://www.notasponge.com.)

I ordered the Bamboo Charcoal Face sponge and the Volcanic Power Puff Face sponge. 

The Not A Sponge website describes the Bamboo Charcoal sponge as a great deep-cleaner for oily skin and I don't know if anyone is oilier than I am, so that was a must-buy.


 The Volcanic Power Puff supposedly helps fine lines and calms the skin. 

The sponges come hard and dense, but when you put them under water they become MAGICAL. 
(Pictured above: MAGIC.)

When wet, these konjac sponges become soft and squishy and soufflĂ©-like. I absolutely couldn't wait to exfoliate my face with it, and it's as pleasant and easy as rubbing a squishy sponge on your face sounds. After you use the sponge, your skin is left feeling dewy and clean and surprisingly moisturized. I really really love the Bamboo Charcoal sponge; it helps my acne and leaves my skin feeling clean and soft. The Volcanic Power Puff is completely fine but not really a necessity for me. I figured using it would be a nice break from the Bamboo Charcoal sponge, but the Bamboo Charcoal sponge is actually still very gentle so I would rather just use that one every day. However, since you have to sanitize these sponges once a week, it is nice to have one for back-up in case you don't get around to cleaning your primary sponge quickly enough. 

It's difficult to say whether or not I have felt a permanent difference in my skin after using these sponges for a few weeks. I have recently gotten extremely into skincare which makes it difficult to attribute positive and negative effects to one product. However, I think it was a smart choice to add the Not A Sponge to my beauty routine because of its simplicity and fun factor!


*I discovered these products on my own and purchased them with my own money. This review was in no way endorsed by the aforementioned company.*

This is a guest post by Hannah.

No comments:

Post a Comment

copyright © 2014. all rights reserved. designed by kristadelisle.com

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com