Pages

Vegan Corn Salsa


My dad loved corn salsa; my mom would purchase the salsa in a jar at the market. When I was younger corn salsa didn't have much appeal to me.  The idea of corn as the main ingredient in a salsa seemed way to exotic for me.  My dad liked his corn salsa spicey and he would eat the salsa straight from the jar.  No chips or bread, that was strange to me also.  Gotta have chips with my salsa!

Now years later, I enjoy eating corn salsa as well as making it myself.  The appreciation of this condiment must come with age.


Ingredients:

3 organic ears of corn, boiled for 3 minutes 
3 tablespoons organic extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons organic red onion, finely diced 
2 tablespoons organic cilantro, chopped 
2 tablespoons organic jalapeƱo peppers, diced 
1 teaspoon sea salt

Method:

In a large pot, boil corn for 3 minutes.  Let corn cool to the touch before removing corn from the cob.

In the mean time, in a large bowl add the onion, cilantro, and peppers.  Add cooled corn, oil, and salt.  Combine thoroughly, cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.




No comments:

Post a Comment

copyright © 2014. all rights reserved. designed by kristadelisle.com

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com