Pages

Napkin Holder


Walking into my kitchen you will see an array of vintage kitchen utensils.  Some I still use, others are used for decor, and some are re-purposed.  For instance, I have a vintage pastry blender that is now used to hold napkins when we have a meal outside.  This napkin holder was a gift to me from my sister.

It's a very clever way to hold onto the past and still be a useful item in the present.  I have also seen this done with potato mashers, where you just fold a pile of napkins and place them in the wide opening of the handle above the "mashing" part of the utensil.

To make this particular one all you need is a piece of wood large enough to balance the pastry blender.  Paint the wood, if you like, then screw it into the handle of the pastry blender.

These utensils are very easy to find at flea markets for a dollar or two.

Another way to use this holder is for when you are baking, just slide your recipe card into one of the openings, an instant recipe stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

copyright © 2014. all rights reserved. designed by kristadelisle.com

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com