Pages

Vegan Noodle Kugel


There are certain foods that bring back memories for me - food my mom would make mostly on holidays and also sprinkled throughout the year.

Noodle Kugel was one of them.  My mom would bake a huge pan to ensure leftovers.  I love kugel; it's a meal in itself.

I thought I would never be able to make kugel for my family until I started using Vegg (vegan egg yolk) for traditional kugel uses eggs, butter, and egg noodles.

I am now happy to say I make this delicious noodle treat for my family on holidays and anytime in between.


Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees

Line a 8x8 inch pan with unbleached parchment paper, set aside

Ingredients:

16 oz. organic Farfalle
1/2 cup melted non-dairy butter
2 1/4 cups water
12 teaspoons of Vegg
1/4 pepper
1/4 salt

Boil noodles, drain, add to a large mixing bowl. Melt non-dairy butter in a small pot, add to the noodles and mix. In a mixer add water and the Vegg powder, mix thoroughly, add to the noodles and butter.  Season with salt and pepper and mix. Transfer to the parchment lined pan and bake for 45 minutes to a hour.

You may also add raisins and cinnamon if you like.  Do this when you add the salt and pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

copyright © 2014. all rights reserved. designed by kristadelisle.com

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com