Pages

Vegan Chunky Peanut Butter


If you read my prior post on making nut butters I'll spare you my spiel.  If you haven't read it yet, let me just say these 3 words: easy, inexpensive, and fun.

All you need to make peanut butter is peanuts! (And salt, if you want.) That's it, now let's get to it.

First, put a 1/2 cup of organic peanuts in the food processor and chop them into small pieces. Remove and place in a small bowl and set aside.

In your food processor, place 2 cups of organic peanuts. I first pulse 8-10 times to start. I do this to break up the peanuts before I go full force.  If you want to add salt I would do that now. Start with 1/2 teaspoon and add more later if you'd like.

Now mix until you reach the consistency you like.  It takes me about 5 minutes to produce a creamy peanut butter in my mini-processor.  Remove the lid and mix in the chopped peanuts.  Spoon the peanut butter into an air-tight container and refrigerate.


No comments:

Post a Comment

copyright © 2014. all rights reserved. designed by kristadelisle.com

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com