Pages

Brill Razorcut Premium 33 Review


There are many things that cause my neighbors to look at me strangely, but the thing that I am writing about today are the stares that I get when I cut the grass. Well, these stares began a couple of years ago when I switched from using a fossil-fuel-guzzling lawnmower to a push reel mower. Have you seen one of these human-powered contraptions from yesteryear? Before buying my first one, I had only seen them at antique fairs. However, if you are concerned about doing all you can to reduce your carbon footprint, “push power” is the only way to go.

I am completely hooked on push reel mowers for the exercise/health benefits and fuel cost savings. Plus, these green mowers offer the advantage of 5 clean-cutting blades on a reel (like the kind that golf courses use) instead of one rotary “butcher blade” (like gas mowers use). Believe me, your grass will notice and appreciate the difference. Although, there are types of grasses not particular well-suited for push reel cutting, including St Augustine, Zoysia, or Bermuda.

Push reels are unique, so I gave consideration to some things in particular before deciding to purchase the German-designed Brill Razorcut 33 (33cm cutting width or about 13”). Reel blades are difficult to DIY sharpen and expensive to have sharpened professionally. Pushing can be difficult and may also put extra strain on the handle. Here the Brill offers some great advantages over other mowers. First, it is super light weight at just a hair over 15 pounds. It is so light you can easily hang it on the wall of your garage or shed. The cutting mechanism doesn’t make contact with bedknife making it simple to push. So light and easy to push, that I found it easier to push than a shopping cart. So easy and quiet, in fact, I thought that it wasn’t working, until I looked down at the perfectly manicured lawn. This cutting design along with hardened steel blades report to only require sharpening about every 10 years instead of annually like most other mowers in this class. The Euro Brill also has the very simplest to follow, Ikea-esque, picture-only instructions which require no tools for assembly. It took less than 10 minutes to put together since you only have to attach the rugged aluminum handle (the blades are pre-set up at the factory). Another 30 seconds to set the blade height (also requires no tools) and you are ready to cut.

With all these fabulous features, plus a purchase price of just $129.99 (with free shipping and 60-day money back guarantee) currently offered by Clean Air Gardening. The Brill Razorcut Premium 33 may be the greatest gardening value ever!

*I discovered this product on my own and purchased it with my own money. This review was in no way endorsed by the aforementioned companies.*

This a guest post from Jeff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

copyright © 2014. all rights reserved. designed by kristadelisle.com

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com