Pages

Natural Furniture Polish


Chemicals are everywhere, in our food, our clothes, and in our household cleaners.  I avoid these toxic chemicals from entering my home and from my family digesting them.  I buy only organic food and I try to purchase organic cotton as much as possible for our clothing and bedding.  Also, I make all my household cleaners.  The typical furniture polish contains hydrocarbons; these chemicals can cause a nasty list of conditions that you do no want to live with.  For example, may cause dizziness and severe stomach pain.  Cleaning my home is not one of my favorite activities, so doing it while inhaling toxic chemicals that are poisoning me only adds to the chore.

Making your own cleaning supplies is very simple; its also inexpensive and you won't be leaving toxic chemicals behind for your family to be exposed to.  The ingredients are probably in your cupboard right now.  Get creative and add organic essential oils, not only for their scent but also for their anti-bacterial properties.  Try lavender, oregano, and citrus.  Leave your home smelling naturally clean, not like toxic fumes.

Ingredients:

1/4 cup organic white vinegar 
4 T organic lemon juice
3 T organic olive oil 

Supplies:

Glass measuring cup
1 small Amber colored glass spray bottle 
Spoon
Small bowl

Method:

Pour all ingredients into bowl and mix thoroughly.

Pour into glass spray bottle.  Shake before using.


No comments:

Post a Comment

copyright © 2014. all rights reserved. designed by kristadelisle.com

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com