Pages

Lavender Massage Oil

With my ambundance of lavender this year ,I am racing to make as many things that I can.  I do like to leave some lavender out in my garden because it looks so pretty when it sways in the breeze.  But I also feel guilty just letting it sit and not making anything with it.

If you grow lavender, or if you can get your hands on some, I highly recommend making some lavender massage oil.    Nothing relaxes me more than the scent of lavender; add a massage with that and I am one happy person!

Ingredients:

Enough lavender flowers to fill a medium sized mason jar. 
Organic carrier oil, use an oil that does not have a strong scent such as sunflower, avocado, or even olive oil.

Method:

Fill jar with lavender flowers.  To make it easy, I just snip off the tops of the lavender so it's still on the stem.  Discard the remaining bare stems.

Fill the jar with your choice of oil, making sure the lavender is fully covered.  Seal jar securly and place on a sunny window sill for 2 weeks.

After 2 weeks, drain the lavender oil through a fine seive.  Pour massage oil into a dark glass bottle and store in a cool dark place.






No comments:

Post a Comment

copyright © 2014. all rights reserved. designed by kristadelisle.com

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com