Pages

Vegan, Gluten Free and Yeast Free Pizza

Just when I thought my husband and I couldn't enjoy pizza anymore, BAM!  I was able to create a pizza crust we both can eat and love!

My husband is avoiding wheat and I am staying clear of wheat and yeast.

Replacing wheat in a pizza crust recipe is fairly easy, but yeast?  Yes! Yes you can!

I made this pizza last night, and we enjoyed it so much I am tempted to make pizza again tonight!

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cup Bob's Red Mill gluten free all-purpose flour
1 1/2 t sea salt 
1/4 t baking soda
1/2 t organic garlic powder 
1 T organic dried oregano 
1 1/2 t organic extra virgin olive oil
1/4 t organic lemon juice
1/2 cup cold water

Method:

Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.

Line a baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper; set-aside.

In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, garlic powder, and 1/2 t of the oregano.  To that, add the oil, lemon juice, and water.  Mix until a dough forms.

Lightly oil the parchment paper; place dough onto the center of the baking sheet.  Use your fingers to gently spread out the dough.  The dough will not cover the entire baking sheet.

Lightly coat the dough with oil.  Start laying down your toppings and sprinkle remaining oregano over the entire top of pizza.

Bake 30 minutes or until the crust is nicely browned.

After removing the pizza from the oven, I drizzled extra olive oil over the top.


No comments:

Post a Comment

copyright © 2014. all rights reserved. designed by kristadelisle.com

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com