Pages

Curried Mixed Nuts

My husband and I eat nuts everyday; we enjoy them as a snack, bake, and cook with them.  In a previous post, I wrote about my husband eating a mold free diet.  Some of the nuts I used to buy were grown in another country. By the time these certain nuts arrived to my market they were several months old. So, to insure we eat the freshest nuts possible, I researched purchasing nuts directly from nut farms. Last week we received a nut haul from Braga Organic Farms, located in California.  We received raw cashews, raw pecans, raw walnuts, raw pastashios, natural almonds, and raw sunflowerseeds.

As my husband and I took each bag of nuts out of the shipping box we oohed and aahed. The nuts and sunflower seeds were much larger than the ones I've been buying at market, and they all were fresh!  You can definitely taste the difference.  We are very pleased with this farm's products.  

We store the nuts and sunflower seeds in the refrigerator to help keep them fresh.

My husband is a big curry fan so I made these curried mixed nuts this morning for him and I am sure they will gone by this evening.

Ingredients:

2 cups organic mix nuts
2 T organic lemon juice
2 T organic curry powder
1 t sea salt 

Method:

Pre-heat oven to 250 degrees.

Line a large baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper; set-aside.

Place nuts in a large bowl and mix in lemon juice, curry, and salt.  Pour nuts into the lined baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes.

Store cooked nuts in a tightly sealed container.

No comments:

Post a Comment

copyright © 2014. all rights reserved. designed by kristadelisle.com

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com