Pages

Vegan Chicken and Rice Soup

My mom made homemade chicken soup often. If someone in my family was sick, my mom made chicken soup, if it was a chilly autumn day my mom made chicken soup.  My mom giving me a steaming bowl of soup, was like a hug and if I was sick it was a guarantee that I will be well very soon. 

This is a simple but delicious soup and I would even say it's a hearty soup because of the rice.  Mmm, I can taste it now.

Ingredients:

1 T organic extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup organic onion, diced
1 cup organic carrots, chopped
1 cup organic celery, chopped
32 ounces of Imagine brand No-Chicken Broth
1 cup filtered water
1 T organic dried dill
1 T organic dried parsley 
1 organic garlic clove, minced
Cooked rice
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup Beyond Meat Chicken Strips, cubed

In a large stock pot, heat oil over medium heat.  Add onion, carrots, and celery, sautée until tender.

Add stock and water; when soup begins to boil add seasonings, garlic, salt, pepper, and chicken.

Simmer soup for 15 minutes.  In the mean time make the rice.

Ladle soup into a bowl and gently add rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

copyright © 2014. all rights reserved. designed by kristadelisle.com

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com