Pages

Vegan Goulash


Cooler weather has come and that means warm and hearty dinners will be served at my dinner table.  For as long as it stays cool, at least. With our crazy weather we could have temperatures in the 90's next week.  

Just as we switch over our wardrobe in perperation for the coming cooler weather, I have begun to change over my recipes to do the same.  I bring out my sweaters to keep me warm on the chilly evenings and tonight I bring out my Goulash recipe to warm my family.

Ingredients:

2 T organic extra virgin olive oil
1 medium organic onion, diced
2 organic carrots, cut into 1/4 rounds
1 large organic potato, cut into 1" pieces 
1 organic green pepper, coarsley chopped 
1 cup organic button mushrooms
1/2 cup organic white wine 
28 ounces of organic diced tomatoes 
2 cups organic vegetable stock 
1 package of Gardein Beef Tips
3 organic garlic cloves, minced
Sea salt and pepper to taste
1 T organic paprika
Organic flat noodles* 
*flat noodles work best, but I can never find any that are vegan they are always egg based.  So I use lasagna noodles, just break the long sheets into 2" long pieces.

Method:

In a stock pot over medium heat, add oil, onions, carrots, potato, green pepper, and mushrooms.  Stir occasionally, until vegetables are tender.

Add wine, tomatoes, and stock.  Bring to a simmer, add beef tips, garlic, paprika, and salt and pepper to taste.

Simmer for 15 minutes.

Serve over noodles.



No comments:

Post a Comment

copyright © 2014. all rights reserved. designed by kristadelisle.com

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com