Pages

Dead & Breakfast Halloween Sign


My friend and I where shopping a few weeks ago. One of the boutiques we visited had many cute fall and Halloween decorations.  My friend pointed out a sign to me, I commented on how cute it was and looked at the price.  Unfortunately, the price wasn't so cute, $42.00!  I immediately said, "I can make that!"  My friend hears this reply a lot from me. I consider myself a crafty person so I took this idea and ran with it.

Supplies:

Wood - board-my board is approximately 1.5' x 3'

Sander or sandpaper - to rough up the edges of the board

Letters - I used stickers, you can free hand the lettering also

1 crow - printed from the website Thegraphicsfairy.com

Craft paint - white and black 

Brush

Mod Podge


Method:

This is how I did my sign, you can change anything you like to suit your tastes.



First, sand the sides roughly to give the sign some character.  


Paint the front of the board with white paint. 



 When white paint is dry, draw lines across the length of the board with black paint.  I also lightly brushed the sides with black paint.  I was going for a rustic/shabby look. 


Next, using a ruler, lay down your stickers.


Lightly, brush Mod Podge on the stickers only, brush Mod Podge on the back of your crow and gently lay on board and brush with Mod Podge.  I gave a total of two coats for the sign.







No comments:

Post a Comment

copyright © 2014. all rights reserved. designed by kristadelisle.com

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com