Pages

Alternative Press Music Awards

We attended the inaugural APMA's yesterday, July 21st in Cleveland, Ohio at the Rock And Roll Hall of Fame.  It was an amazing show filled with punk, rock, and screamo musicians.  Joan Jett received the Icon Award, which she truly deserved, not only for her tremendous talent but also for blazing the way for women who otherwise would never have had a chance to break into punk music.

Before leaving Cleveland, we wanted to get a bite to eat.  We looked up vegan restaurants and luckily one was located 1 mile from our hotel, ALoft (which is dog-friendly by the way). Aloft is a lovely hotel with very friendly staff. I highly recommend staying there if you ever find yourself in Ohio! 

The vegan restaurant we found is called The Flaming Ice Cube.  We looked at their extensive menu online, and phoned in a to-go order.  The restaurant is located in the downtown area and street parking was easy to get.  I ordered the Vegan Burger for myself, the Pizza Burger for my daughter, and the Hula Burger for my husband.
All 3 burgers were delicious, probably the best veggie burger I have ever had.  My burger was thick and loaded with sliced onions, lettuce, tomato, mustard, and ketchup.  The bun was multi-grain, and was thick enough to handle the beast of a burger.

My husband mentioned he would return to Cleveland just to get another hamburger.



No comments:

Post a Comment

copyright © 2014. all rights reserved. designed by kristadelisle.com

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com