Pages

Vegan Peanut Butter Chocolate Granola Bars



I have been addicted to eating granola lately, but it's not the easiest treat to eat when you are on the go.  So, I put on my apron pulled out my granola recipe and started to adapt it into a granola bar version.  I didn't stray to far from my  original granola recipe. I knew I had to add a binding ingredient so the granola could be shaped and cut into bars.  Adding peanut butter did the job, perfectly.

I am very happy on how this recipe
turned out.  Try the granola bars for yourself and let me know how you like them.


Ingredients:

2 cups organic oatmeal
1 cup organic shredded coconut
1/2 cup organic peanut butter
1/2 cup vegan mini-chocolate chips
1/2 cup warm water
1/2 cup organic agave
1/3 cup organic extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup chopped organic peanuts 
1  1/2 teaspoons organic pure vanilla extract
1 teaspoon organic cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
3 ounces of chocolate, melted

Method:

Line a 9x13 baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper, set aside.

Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees

In a large bowl add all dry ingredients, mix well.  Add to that all the wet ingredients, mix well.

Pour granola mixture into the parchment lined baking sheet and disperse evenly while gently pressing mixture down.

Bake 20-25 minutes.  

Melt chocolate and pour over the cooled granola.  Let chocolate set before cutting granola into bars.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

copyright © 2014. all rights reserved. designed by kristadelisle.com

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com